Stained Glass Renovation
You need the help of experts to repair or restore your stained glass work. If the damage is small, we will repair it instead of replacing it, thus saving you money and time. Much of the work that we do here at Lancashire Sash Windows involves the restoration of stained glass work back to its former glory. We are experts at the repair and restoration of old and antique stained glass windows in churches, historic buildings and private homes across Lancashire and the North West.
How we do it
- Area is prepared and covered with dust sheets to keep mess to a minimum
- Removal and inspection of sashes from the main frame to identify necessary repairs.
- Any timber repairs required are completed to include, filling, splicing, re-glazing and sill repair or replacement as per quotation.
- Any replacement splicing is undertook with the timber of the same profile that exists on the window being restored to ensure it looks exactly as the original. Any areas of rot are dug out and filled with a two part epoxy wood filling system that is then sanded to a smooth finish to replicate the existing contour.
- Sashes are re-corded weighed and balanced to ensure existing weights are sufficient.
- Draft proofing is undertaken to prevent drafts and rattles
Get a free, no obligation survey now. Call us on 01772 237400 or fill out our online email form.
Once all repairs are completed the sashes are re-installed into the box and new staff and parting beads are fitted incorporating further draught prevention measures.
This service we offer combines our expert services into a process that enables our customers to have their sash windows professionally repaired, refurbished and decorated with the minimum disruption to their houses and schedules.
Benefits of Stained Glass Renovation
- Eliminate draughts and rattles
- Lower your energy bills
- Add value to your property
- Reduce outside noise
- Enjoy easy to operate windows
Why Use Us?
- Energy Efficient Sash Windows
- High Level Security and Flawless Finish
- We’re Dedicated to Ensuring your Vision Becomes a Reality
- High Quality Timber
- Environmentally Sustainable materials used