Sash Window Repair
If you love the period charm and heritage innate in your wooden sliding sash windows but hate the draughts, rattles, rot and heat loss that can also be part and parcel with an older property then you need help from the experts. With many years of experience repairing and renovating sash windows, you can trust Heritage sash windows.Contact Us
Sash Window Repair
Sash windows are an important part of a building’s history and can be read like a book; they tell us not only of the changing architectural taste and style but also of social hierarchy, building economics, craft ingenuity and technical advances. They are extremely important to the overall look and feel of the property whilst also preserving the original character. Failure to repair any rotten sash windows can often lead to more serious problems caused by penetrating water and constant increase in energy consumption as you’ll be loosing valuable energy if your sash windows require renovation.
How we do it
- Area is prepared and covered with dust sheets to keep mess to a minimum
- Removal and inspection of sashes from the main frame to identify necessary repairs.
- Any timber repairs required are completed to include, filling, splicing, re-glazing and sill repair or replacement as per quotation.
- Any replacement splicing is undertook with the timber of the same profile that exists on the window being restored to ensure it looks exactly as the original. Any areas of rot are dug out and filled with a two part epoxy wood filling system that is then sanded to a smooth finish to replicate the existing contour.
- Sashes are re-corded weighed and balanced to ensure existing weights are sufficient.
- Draft proofing is undertaken to prevent drafts and rattles
Get a free, no obligation survey now. Call us on 01772 217098 or fill out our online email form.
Once all repairs are completed the sashes are re-installed into the box and new staff and parting beads are fitted incorporating further draught prevention measures.
This service we offer combines our expert services into a process that enables our customers to have their sash windows professionally repaired, refurbished and decorated with the minimum disruption to their houses and schedules.
Benefits of Sash Window Repair
- Eliminate draughts and rattles
- Lower your energy bills
- Add value to your property
- Reduce outside noise
- Enjoy easy to operate windows
Why Use Us?
- Energy Efficient Sash Windows
- High Level Security and Flawless Finish
- We’re Dedicated to Ensuring your Vision Becomes a Reality
- High Quality Timber
- Environmentally Sustainable materials used