Sash Window Renovation
Often, when someone notices that their sash windows have degraded they automatically think they need replacement, which can be very expensive. However, homeowners no longer have to completely replace their sash windows because with Lancashire Sash Windows, they can choose to use double glazing or to Draught proof their sash windows at a fraction of the cost of buying new windows. These new materials on the market are more energy efficient and come with replacement staffs and parting beads that is sure to keep draughts, noise and pollution at a minimal. When done correctly, sash window repair will make your windows look like new and more importantly, reduce your energy cost whilst maintaining the character of your home for a fraction of the price.
How we do it
- Area is prepared and covered with dust sheets to keep mess to a minimum
- Removal and inspection of sashes from the main frame to identify necessary repairs.
- Any timber repairs required are completed to include, filling, splicing, re-glazing and sill repair or replacement as per quotation.
- Any replacement splicing is undertook with the timber of the same profile that exists on the window being restored to ensure it looks exactly as the original. Any areas of rot are dug out and filled with a two part epoxy wood filling system that is then sanded to a smooth finish to replicate the existing contour.
- Sashes are re-corded weighed and balanced to ensure existing weights are sufficient.
- Draft proofing is undertaken to prevent drafts and rattles
Get a free, no obligation survey now. Call us on 01772 237400 or fill out our online email form.
Sash Window Maintenance
Once all repairs are completed the sashes are re-installed into the box and new staff and parting beads are fitted incorporating further draught prevention measures.
This service we offer combines our expert services into a process that enables our customers to have their sash windows professionally repaired, refurbished and decorated with the minimum disruption to their houses and schedules.
Benefits of Sash Window Renovation
- Eliminate draughts and rattles
- Lower your energy bills
- Add value to your property
- Reduce outside noise
- Enjoy easy to operate windows
Why Use Us?
- Energy Efficient Sash Windows
- High Level Security and Flawless Finish
- We’re Dedicated to Ensuring your Vision Becomes a Reality
- High Quality Timber
- Environmentally Sustainable materials used