Sash Window Renovation and draught sealing
If your sash windows are in need of a repair or refurbish, then our Sash Window Recondition & Draught Seal service will restore your windows to their former glory. Heritage Sash Windows use only the highest quality materials to ensure that you experience all of the added benefits that high performance, concealed weather seals provide.
Core Sash Window Renovation
Heritage Sash window’s renovation service provides a full recondition of the whole sash window, not only restoring full and proper functionality but also includes the installation of our high performance, concealed weather / draft seals. These low friction weather seals reduce any excess of airborne noise, dust, draughts and other pollutants into your home. At Heritage Sash Windows, we understand the charm of traditional wooden windows which is why all of our work is designed to be as sympathetic as possible. Our weather seals are machined into the timber components to become an integral, practically invisible part of the window.
Suitable for conservation areas and listed buildings.
Recondition and draught sealing
Our comprehensive sash window recondition and draught seal procedure includes:
- Restoration of the inner box surface.
- Renewal of the sash cords with modern ‘everlasting’ cord.
- Balance and adjustment of the weighting mechanism to ensure ease of operation.
- Replacement wooden beads fitted with an integral draught strip.
- Machining of the sashes to install integral draught strips.
- Realignment of the sashes.
- Servicing or replacement or the ironmongery.
The purpose of our draught seals
Draught seals serve several purposes with a sliding sash window.
- The most important use of sash window draught seals is that they seal any gaps where cold draughts enter. This alone will heavily improve the energy efficiency of your home and therefore, save you money on heating bills.
- With Heritage Sash Window’s draught seals being low friction, they allow the sash to have free movement but, are still tight enough to eliminate any intrusive rattles.
- Having a draught seal installed also greatly reduces any airborne noise, dust and other pollutants that would normally enter your home via a draught.
Security and furniture options
With rising crime rates, security locks should be fitted to all external windows and doors. Various catches effectively bring the sashes into a locked position, however the screws holding these in place are small and these catches should not be considered an effective security measure. We have a range of sash window security options available and can install them to any sash window. If you are interested in any of our services and think you may require draught sealing or extra security measures for your sash window, why not contact us today.
We provide our services throughout Formby, Lytham, Southport, Cheshire, Clitheroe, Whalley and the rest of the north west. We can also supply a wide range of sash window furniture, available in variety of finishes.